That time of year is approaching and we should all enjoy it and that includes our pets,christmas can be a great time but also a dangerous time for our pets.Here are a few tips to remember:-
*Real xmas trees are lovely but can be harmful for our pets they are very sharp and can get stuck in their feet and throats.
*Tree decorations are lovely but dont hang the chocolate ones on your tree they are highly toxic to your pets.Tinsel can be very harmful if chewed.
*Try to hide or cover any electric cords we always have twice as many at christmas with all the lovely lights,pets could easly chew them and get electrocuted.
*Try to keep the tree tied down to stop pets pulling it over.
* Holly,poinsettia,lily and mistletoe is poisonous to pets and must be kept out of reach.
*Loud noises can affect some pets remember that when you are pulling your christmas crackers,party poppers,opening corked bottles.
*Balloons are great but when burst can cause a fright or a danger if eaten.
*Our favourite turkey can cause problems to, especially if bones are eaten they can cause choking, constipation, as well as seriously damaging internal organs.
*Grapes and raisins can cause renal failure and can be fatal dont forget they are in the christmas cake.
MOST IMPORTANT IS TO CHECK YOUR VETS CHRISTMAS OPENING HOURS AND KEEP THE SURGERY TELEPHONE NUMBER BY THE PHONE.